Explore the Mortgage101 Library
Check Local Mortgage Rates
Today's Average 0.00%
Loan Program Choices
Use our calculator to find out your estimated monthly payment in advance: Enter the loan amount, interest rate, and length of mortgage.
Try our Mortgage Payment Calculator
Mortgage insurance can usually be canceled by the home buyer after he or she has at least 20 percent equity in the home. Borrowers should contact their servicer to find out the procedure for canceling mortgage insurance when they think they have achieved 20 percent equity. Guidelines for canceling private mortgage insurance are set by investors. Typically, investors will require an appraisal on the property. The servicer can recommend qualified local appraisers.
- 3 Factors that Can Negatively Affect Your Mortgage Application
- What To Do When Mortgages Default
- Short Selling a Rental Property
- 3 Reasons Banks Reject Short Sales
- FHA Eligibility with Bankruptcy and Foreclosure
- Second Mortgages: Advantages and Disadvantages
- Home Equity Loans for People with Bad Credit
- Low Down Payment Loan Qualification
- How to Get Approved for an FHA Loan despite Bad Credit